Xylan® is a low-friction, wear-resistant composite of fluoropolymers and reinforcing binder resins. It is a Whitford brand and is known and used worldwide. Commonly used industrially as dry-film lubricants, Xylan® coatings are known as extreme performance coatings. Precision Coating uses Xylan® much more commonly as liquid dispersions for both medical and industrial and dry-film lubricants in very specific non-medical applications.
Top properties of these plastic alloys:
- Chemical resistant
- Corrosion resistant
- Heat resistant
Known for its non-stick characteristics, the versatility of Xylan® makes it a great choice for cookware, bakeware, coils, and small appliances. Xylan® coatings, available in many colors, are also used to coat industrial applications for items like nuts, screws, and fasteners—or for larger parts and components. These coatings can fit a wide range of applications: one-, two-, and three-coat options are available. Depending on end-user needs, Xylan® coatings can be applied in a variety of methods: spray, coil, curtain, roller powder, dip/spin, textile, or arc spray. Precision Coating primarily applies Xylan® using a wet-spray application.
The beneficial properties of Xylan® include:
- Low friction: CoF as low as 0.02
- Wear resistance: even under extreme pressures
- Corrosion and chemical resistance in most environments
- Weather resistance: against sunlight, salt water, and road chemicals
- Wide temperature operating range: from -420° to +550°F (-250° to 285°C)
- Flexible curing schedule: ambient to 750°F (400°C)
- Wide color range: color-code your product
- Pliability: many Xylan® coatings will bend freely and repeatedly without breaking
- Machinability: apply multiple coats of Xylan® coating (most formulations) and mill to specification
- Excellent adhesion: to most metals, plastics, ceramics, wood; even to itself (most formulations)
Xylan® coatings from Precision Coating
Precision Coating’s mastery of tight-tolerance coating technology has kept us at the forefront of our industry. We are committed to the continuous improvement of our coating processes and to delivering the best quality coatings for every customer, every time.
Contact Precision Coating today about our Xylan® coating services.